Saturday, January 1, 2011

This Train Goes to Nowhere

This was my outfit on Christmas day - a little blue and white '60s two piece from Peachy Keen Vintage. I went away for a week that evening (hence the suitcase) and am off again up north for another week tomorrow, so posts shall be sparse for awhile longer!
The title of this post is from a song by The Electric Confectionnaires. I wish that we were going on holiday by train, as much fun as a long car journey with younger siblings sounds. The combination of seeing too many trains in movie scenes but not going on them very much in reality makes them seem dreadfully exciting, and I always expect to have profound philosophical revelations on them. My best friend and I did a SCUBA diving course just before Christmas and there was so much suspense while we waited for the train each morning and afternoon. I think we were both waiting for Narnia to appear, or the birds to start attacking, or something. All we got was an old lady (in roughly her 70s) with violently fire-truck red hair and a leopard print shirt who walked past. Which was pretty darned exciting nonethless, but not exactly life-changing.

I'm not really one for New Years resolutions, but I did have a look back and realise how boring I am in all my outfit photos, so I have decided to take inspiration from all the '60s knitting patterns on my wall, like these (which are all from le internet as I am too lazy to scan my ones, click each for source):




The results - 




I look a little like an enlightened meerkat, but that's okay - we all have to start somewhere, right?

2 comments:

  1. I love it so much I posted it as yesterday's Modest Outfit Inspiration on my tumblr: http://rubyeyedokapi.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment earlier, but blogger hates me! (eh)

    Anyhow, I just adore you in this outfit. Makes me yearn to sit at the trainstation and sit hot tea while waiting for something magical-- like Narnia! :)

    ReplyDelete